The 2021 Romax release sees new features across the simulation portfolio, with a particular focus on enabling our customers to democratize advanced technologies and to work in more collaborative ways. The key new features in Romax Spectrum are:
- VI-grade NVH simulator export – automatically calculate and export accurate gearbox and electric powertrain noise and vibration predictions from Romax Spectrum for use in the VI-grade NVH simulator.
- Electric machine NVH workflow enhancements, including new visualisation tools, and better handling for skewed and eccentric rotors.
- Show velocity on housing in Acoustic Analysis – to see the local structural deformations at the same time as the acoustic results and use this to interpret the source of any directional noise.
- FE speed improvements – for a significant decrease in model preparation and solve times.
- Six degree-of-freedom tooth contact geometry model and multiple nodes for gear mounting – a more complex contact model for improved gearbox transmission error (GBTE) analysis. The 6D model allows users to choose to eliminate assumptions such as force and misalignment only acting in the theoretical plane of action, force and misalignment being fixed throughout the meshing cycle, no impact of system deflections on tooth contact positions.
- Improvements to Batch Running and Parametric Study, to enable even more wide-ranging optimisation and sensitivity studies.
- Import REXS files, a standardised file format for exchange of geared system CAE models.
Feature Highlight: Acoustic Analysis
Romax Spectrum Acoustic Analysis adds radiated noise capabilities to the vibration simulation and analysis provided by Romax Spectrum to give you a thorough understanding of NVH performance in electro-mechanical powertrains.
Based on renowned and trusted meshing and solver technology from Free Field Technologies, Romax Spectrum’s new Acoustic Analysis product option forms a complete end-to-end process which allows you to predict radiated noise quickly and simply, without any in-depth experience of acoustic simulation. In combination with Romax Spectrum’s vibration prediction and system dynamic analysis tools, you can identify and mitigate the root causes of radiated noise problems in a single software product.
Romax Dynamic Fusion
Automatic generation of multibody models that are optimised for the perfect balance of accuracy and simulation speed
Dynamic Fusion is your gateway to the world of multibody and multi-physics simulation. With its unique discretisation technology you can create multibody models from Romax Nexus models in just a few seconds, bringing multibody simulation earlier in the design process to run concurrently with your Romax Spectrum NVH analysis.
With translators available for MSC Adams, GT-Suite and Modelica-compliant tools you can easily incorporate your Nexus models into simulations for transient dynamics and drivability, systems engineering, control system design and many other applications.