时间: September 21, 2016, 09:00 & 16:00
演讲人: Barry James, Chief Technical Officer and Head of R&D, Romax Technology
Electric vehicle development is a fast-moving and dynamic marketplace with constant new challenges as more innovative products are designed.
As a result, the Framework 7 programme (FP7) of the EU selected a consortium of leading companies to carry out the Optimized electric Drivetrain by Integration (ODIN) project for the design of an innovative electric drivetrain. These companies include Romax Technology, Bosch, Renault, GKN Driveline, Fuchs, RWTH Aachen and CIE Automotive. The target was to reduce the cost of electric vehicles while ensuring performance and meeting automotive quality standards.
We will address the progress of the ODIN project and show you how the following engineering challenges were resolved:
- Determining the best layout of the integrated drivetrain
- Combining the work of mechanical and electrical engineering in a smooth process
- The challenges of high-speed motors
- Assessing and avoiding noise problems earlier in the design process
- Determining the thermal performance of an integrated drivetrain
- Introducing an oil company in the design of an efficient gearbox
This webinar provides an excellent case study on how inter-company collaboration can achieve the aim of designing optimised engineering systems. There will be examples on where the innovative use of simulation-led design has directly led to quantified improvements in the system’s performance, with design decisions made based on objective data.